Friday, November 14, 2008

Drawing progress

When going into discussion about the blog I find the most interesting point of the blog is seeing every ones artwork, and having discussion about it. I think the point of talking about others art work is great, because you can get other perspectives about your art. I try to reply to discussion but end up just taking to them about it.
Now on the other hand the most frustrating thing about these blogs would have to be writing about the art trying to explain to people what you were trying to do. I like just talking to people about it. I just don't find blogs for me when I think of a blog it reminds me of people that love to pour there lives out in a web page. What I think would have been cool if we would have made our own website and had a gallery showing in the personal website. other art pieces that I haven't posted on the blog yet, but would have liked to show people would have been other Industrial project, or other drawings that i have done in the past. 
A blog assignment for other people that would be a good one to do would be taking one or the best drawing for each day and posting it on the blog to really see the progression throughout the class. When I look at my blog I think it is stimulating and easy to navigate through to see all of the artwork. The images on it have good quality, and I think that descriptions for the art pieces are also at a point to where i would not be embarrest to have someone out side of our class to look at. I know that I'm not the best person when it comes to telling someone about art, but I think I can do an alright job of it. The thing that i just have to work on is taking the time to type about others art instead of just talking to them in class about it. i just find it easier to talk to them instead of typing it to them. 

1 comment:

Amy Fichter [xenia elizabeth] said...

thank you for your comments, corey. some of yours match others--for instance, the idea of producing a website rather than a blog. once i compile all the comments, i will give everyone a summary of what i'm finding out.