Thursday, September 11, 2008















This a snap shot of a Home Desk that was designed by two group partners and I for a universal desk project that was presented in my Human Body and Form class last year. The desk top is fully adjustable to go up and down for large and small people. The shelves are designed so that they come at you on an arch for easy reach. The electric strip is built into the desk a way that the user can plug stuff in and then slide the cords back out of the way. Last but on least the storage units on both sides of the desk are easy to situate to where the user wants them in the room. They have slots in them for three ring binder, and the storage spot on top are for people that like to pile their papers.

1 comment:

Nathan Dean said...

I used to be in Industrial Design, and after looking at what you've done, Im glad I have escaped! No joke! I couldn't ever do any of the work you have done. It would have taken me forever to come up with those kinds of concepts, ideas, and execution. Nice work. Although, for sure, the potato peeler really impresses me the most. The whole concept and design behind it is unlike anything I've ever seen before. And the color is very unexpected as well! But definitely grabs my attention when looking at it, which, I am sure is very important in I.D.